Bell Tech Career Institute requires all Vocational Nursing (VN) Program applicants to go through a multi-step admissions process as outlined below.
The following are basic pre-requisites and steps to apply for all the programs offered at Bell Tech Career Institute:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- An applicant must be able to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively in English.
- An applicant must provide financial documentation as evidence of ability to pay the tuition, fees, and costs of living.
- An applicant must have a valid passport.
1. Complete the BTCI Application Form by requesting it at email@example.com
2. Complete the registration process fee deposit ($50.00).
3. Applicants with foreign transcripts from international institutions must have their transcripts evaluated for equivalency to a U. S high school diploma by an accredited evaluation service. BTCI will accept the following documents:
a. Foreign transcript evaluation (it can be done for example by Spantran, World Educational Services, among others).
4. All applicants must be able to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively in English.
5. Must pass criminal background check administered by Bell Tech Career Institute, Inc. through the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) once they arrive to the USA.
6. The applicant must successfully complete all items in Step I before applying to the VN Education Program (Step II).
1. Complete an Enrollment Agreement sent via email.
2. Schedule and Pay $65 for the HESI A2 exam administered and proctored virtually.
3. Pass the HESI A2 test as defined by achieving:
a. A minimum overall individual score of 75 %
b. The following minimum percentages (%) in the sub-sections:
1) Math 75%
2) English 75%
4. The Evolve Reach Nursing Admission Assessment Exam (HESI-A2) is a computer based test consisting of seven modules: Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Learning Style, Personality Style and Critical Thinking. The Director of Nursing Education and or the Campus Director reserves the right to adjust and accept any other scores based on the overall academic profile of the student.
5. Results on Learning Style, Personality Style, and Critical Thinking are helpful to know but will not be used as a part of the admission criteria. The science modules in Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, and Physics will not be administered or used for admission to the Nursing Program. It is recommended that prospective nursing students complete the HESI A2 test well before he/she plan to submit his/her nursing application. In the event that a prospective nursing student do not achieve the required score, time for remediation and retesting is available directly by Evolve and BTCI. Remediation will be available online through your Evolve account. You can find additional information on the following site: www.us.elsevierhealth.com.
(NOTE: The HESI A2 test can be taken only once every 60 days, and no more than 3 times in a 12-month period of time.)
1. Submit a one page legible, handwritten or typed (double spaced) essay answering the question, “Why I Want to be a Nurse.”
2. Submit a current resume.
3. All required immunizations must be completed as per school’s requirement.
4. Submit immunization records showing the completion of the following:
- Hepatitis B (at a minimum the first injection of the three-injection series)
- MMR (either a record or titer)
- TB (a negative TB within the past six (6) months or chest x-ray within the past year)
- Varicella (either a record or titer)
*If you do not have the complete immunization shots, you can complete it at your arrival to the USA.
Applicants are required to:
- Complete virtual interview with the Nursing Selection Committee. The Nursing Selection Committee includes the Program Director, and the Education Coordinator or her/his designee.
- Within six (6) weeks after submitting the completed VN application and required supporting documents, you will be emailed a decision as either conditionally accepted, on the waiting list, or denied acceptance.
- All documents are a permanent part of the file and will not be returned. It is your responsibility to keep your email address(es) current with BTCI, and make sure your email filters accept BTCI emails to your inbox (vs. spam).
- The Director of Nursing Education and or the Campus Director reserves the right to adjust and accept any other scores based on the overall academic profile of the student
After the VN applicant has received an offer of conditional acceptance, the applicant must submit all the following documents for final acceptance on or before the VN Student Orientation.
- Copy of the receipt from FBI background check center “Identogo Centers” including the official’s signature indicating the fingerprint was taken for the background check prior to the first day of class.
- Foreign transcript evaluation.
- Submit proof of all completed immunization records, including the second injection of the Hepatitis B series (it can be completed when you arrive to the USA).
- Completed physical exam record.
- A satisfactorily completed drug screen conducted by a BTCI designated agency (once you are in the USA territory).
- Submit a copy of current American Heart Association BLS for HealthCare Providers CPR Card. This requirement can be obtained during the mandatory orientation process that takes place the week prior of the first day of classes (this step will be completed once you are in USA territory).